The following are rules for use of Influence in the Cobalt Nightmares system:
Economic Influence represents the money, resources, and manpower used to get things done.
Economic Influence is spent in 4 ways:
- Economic Influence’s primary use is to fund projects and buildings in your Land.
- Economic Influence can be spent to prevent or mitigate some unfortunate circumstances that may come up during Land Management.
- Economic Influence can be spent to withdraw funds from the treasury. Spent in this way, each Influence is worth 3~20 gold, depending on whose influence it is and the location that the Influence is spent in.
- Economic Influence must be spent to pay for upkeep on troops feiled as an army.
Military Influence represents the amount of soldiers you have recruited and trained.
Military Influence is used in 2 ways:
- Military Influence’s primary function is to represent your standing army, and each card represents 10 soldiers. You can automatically garrison a number of soldiers for free in a town, with the amount of soldiers determined by the buildings in the town. Any Military Influence in excess of what a town can hold must be fielded as an army which requires Economic Upkeep or the card(s) are lost.
- Military Influence can be spent to prevent or mitigate some unfortunate circumstances that may come up during Land Management.
Political Influence is a measure of how much power (if any) you have over your citizens , and in the world at large.
Political Influence is used in 3 ways:
- Political Influence can be spent to prevent or mitigate unfortunate circumstances that may come up during Land Management.
- Political Influence can be spent to convince others to do something (The amount necessary depends on the person you wish to influence.)
- Political Influence can be spent to keep an army’s Morale from breaking.
Subterfuge Influence represents a character’s access to or ownership of information brokers, spy networks, thieves guilds, and other skulduggery.
Subterfuge Influence can be spent in 5 ways:
- Subterfuge Influence can be spent to steal an influence card from a target. The target of this ability must possess the type of influence you wish to steal for this ability to work, if the target does not possess the type of influence indicated the Subterfuge Influence is lost.
- Subterfuge Influence can be spent to discover what Influence a person possesses.
- Subterfuge Influence can be spent to counteract another person’s use of Subterfuge Influence
- Subterfuge Influence can be spent to pinpoint the location of an army that you do not have eyes on. This ability lasts until countered by Influence or until the army is no longer in play.
- Subterfuge Influence can be spent to gain information that would be contained in a Lore you do not possess.
Supernatural Influence is a measure of the amount of collected rare reagents that can be used to power magical effects possessed by the character in excess of what items the character actually possesses.
This Influence can be spent in two ways:
- Supernatural Influence can be used to stabilize rituals. When used in this way each Supernatural Influence spent counts as 20 Personal Ritual Points towards the ritual.
- Supernatural Influence can be spent in order to completely restore a character’s energy pool.
Divine Influence is given out by the Emissaries for reasons that are their own. It can be used to accomplish nearly anything you wish, however there may be unforeseen consequences. Be sure to think about what would fall into the Emissaries purview before making a request in order to reduce the possibility of consequences.